PFUFA

PFUFA

Thursday, June 7, 2012

What I don't understand is...

Okay, so... there are a lot of things I don't understand.
Today, we'll stick to an ONLINE peeve I've learned to love to hate:

It's the promotion of "celebs" on Social pages. *smh* I'm not a celeb follower and I hate that their "stuff" clogs up a feed. I got down on these so-called celebs a few years ago when I was channel surfing one night. I landed on a "CELEB BOXING" show for charity. At first it was fine but then a match came up between Joey Buttafuoco and "Chyna" Joanie Laurer started.

1st of all, JOEY CHEATED and 2ndly - WHAT THE HECK MAKES HIM A CELEB?

According to Wikipedia, a celeb is:
A celebrity, also referred to as a celeb in popular culture, is a person who has a prominent profile and commands a great degree of public fascination and influence in day-to-day media. The term is synonymous with wealth (commonly denoted as a person with fame and fortune), implied with great popular appeal, prominence in a particular field, and is easily recognized by the general public.

Isn't he the doofus who had an affair with a crazy chick who shot his wife in the face when she answered the door OF HER OWN HOME? Let me get this right - affair - with crazy woman - wife is nearly killed by said crazy woman and now - Vwaa'la! CELEB STATUS!!???

There is something VERY wrong with this picture! A cheater has captured the influence of day-to-day media and the public is fascinated by him/the situation??

I was very disappointed in the term "celeb" at this point and then - TURNED OFF by all things Celebs. I know every day people who are a bigger celeb than this guy!

So, why are Social Pages forcing those of us who don't follow celebs like stalkers to follow what they are doing? Why are my Social Stats directly effected by how many "celebs" I follow? What are they doing that is so special? Show me what they are doing in the community... how they are helping someone in need without sitting behind a $4m desk, a pen & a checkbook and I'll be impressed... then and only then will I care. It's so easy for them to write a darn check and they are so disconnected from the people who worked their tails off to help get them where they are today...

But I don't care about these constant award shows... I don't care about them flying to places unknown. I don't need to see their vacation photos. I follow the "celebs" that are important to ME! I don't want or need the rest of them to be pushed in my face constantly.

I am not interested in the "keeping up with..." people. I don't do the 'housewives of...'  I simply do not care! They live in a way that few of us will ever know. The things they take for granted are a "luxury" to the rest of us, right? Don't they pay bills, go to the bathroom, put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us?

In my house, that = C H A N G E - T H E - C H A N N E L !

Because, for me - I'M CELEB'D OUT!

I determine who I feel like deserves the status of "celeb" in my life
- not movies, not television, not the radio or internet...  ME!

And a note to celebs::: Social Pages are changing the face of the celeb!
Just watch a commercial on tv - You'll see what I mean!
I am cheering this movement on with the same gusto I give to my favorite team 24-7-365!!

Okay, I'm done with my rant and you can thank GOOGLE + for this message!

I can't believe I had to take time out of my day to figure out their settings to get all this celeb crap off my home - feed! Geeez! I knew I didn't follow those people and I know those people don't know who I am from a can of paint - I didn't add them and they didn't add me so... WHY? *smh*

I'm just sayin'... and thinkin' out loud in my own blog :)
Peace & Love,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment